Fajitas are one of my all time favourite dishes ! A spicy Mexican delight! YUM! Fajita’s are traditionally grilled meat served on a floury tortilla. Originally it was a beef meat that was used, but in this modern age chicken and vegetables are equally as delicious.
Serves 4 (2 wraps each)
- 4 Chicken breasts (diced)
- Tablespoon of Vegetable oil for the pan
- 2-3 Peppers (Fun Fact: Red peppers contain more of the nutrient Beta carotene and twice as much Vitamin C than green peppers. The beta carotene becomes a precursor of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is vital for healthy skin, mucus membranes, maintain a healthy immune system and good eye health and vision.)
- 1-2 Onion (diced)
- Tortilla wraps (Go wholemeal)
- 2 Giant Mushrooms (Diced)
- Sour cream (or mayo)
- Cheddar cheese (grated) Is a must, especially for cheeseaholics!
- (2-3 table spoons- depends how spicy you like it) Fajita seasoning
Method (Prep Time 5-10 min/ Cook Time 25-30)
- Prepare vegetables (wash and dice)
- Heat pan with a table spoon of vegetable oil
- Cut chicken breast into dices using scissors and add to hot oily pan to cook.
- Add the onion to the pan and fry of until chicken is cooked thoroughly (not pink)
- Add the remaining vegetables and let cook for 10 minutes
- Add the FAJITA seasoning to the pan ensuring to coat the vegetables and meat.
- Leave contents to sizzle for 20 minutes.
- If contents starts to go dry add a small amount of boiling water gradually
- Heat plates in microwave for 2 minutes
- Grate cheese and serve at the table
- Place tortilla wraps in the microwave to heat up for 50 seconds
- Once fajita contents is thoroughly cooked remove from the pan and serve the pan on a mat on the table.
- Then tuck in my making up your wrap up. First coat a little bit of guacamole, sour cream and salsa on the warm wrap and top with fajita mix and sprinkled cheese on top roll up and enjoy! Delicious!
Nutritional content in this dish:
Protein, Carbohydrate, Essential fatty acids, vitamin A,B,C D,E
“A Lifestyle Blog Written By a Scottish Lassie”