Prep Time- 15 minutes
Cooking Time- 15 Minutes
Cooling and Setting -1 hour
Servings- 3-4 large Jars of Jam
- 900g of Strawberries
- 900g Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 Meduim Jelly pan (If you don’t have a jelly saucepan a non stick pan is fine too)
- 3-4 Clean and empty glass jars
- 3-4 Table spoons
- A clean tray
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife
- A plastic or wooden spoon
- 3 Small ramekin dishes
- Gas or electric cooking hob
- Cooking Thermometer (Not essential, unless you are really not cook savy!!)
♥ Step by step on how to make Chlo’s Strawberry Jam 🙂 ♥
Preparation First :
1. Place 3 ramekin dishes in the freezer
2.Pre heat oven to 200ºC
3. Thoroughly clean the jars and put them in the preheat oven (This removes all bacteria and helps in the pouring process of the jam) Leave them in oven until jam is ready!
4. Measure 900g of strawberries on scales
5. Measure 900g of Caster sugar on the scales
6.. Wash and chop the strawberries (Cut them to size depending on how chunky you want your strawberry jam to be).
Lets make some Jam :P:
- Place saucepan over a low heat once the pan is hot add all 900g of strawberries, fry for a couple of moments making sure to stir regularly.
- Add the sugar and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice (Real lemon or bottled lemon juice)
- Stir all the ingredients together until all the sugar has dissolved (You will be able to tell if the sugar has dissolved by checking the back of the spoon to see if there are grains on it)
- After the sugar is dissolved turn the heat up to a medium to high heat and allow the jam to bubble and boil up to 105ºC (you can use a thermometer if you have one, if not guess like me 😛 ) You can use the “guess thermometer” by measure if it’s super bubbling, but not so much that it’s pouring out the pan))
- To test if it is ready place a little bit of the jam into one of the frozen ramekins, test to see if it wrinkles, if so remove the pan of jam from the heat, if not remain boiling on the heat for another few minutes and perform the jam test again until jam is wrinkling and not too runny. (You don’t want your jam running aff yer scone!!)
- Remove the jam jars carefully from the oven and place on a tray
- Put a table spoon in each jar to allow the heat to rise up the spoon and out the jar
- Carefully pour the jam into the individual jars
- Leave to cool and set in a cool area for an hour before serving..
10. ❤ Once cool either wrap up bonnie or serve with some clotted cream and scones and enjoy with a nice cup of Breakfast Tea 🙂 ❤
C R E A M T E A T I M E D A R L I N G ! !
♥ C U P P A A N D A S C O N E ♥